4 Signs Your Plumbing Needs Repairs or Replacement Posted By Advanced Plumbing Drains & Heating
It’s a lot of work keeping on top of home maintenance. Whether it’s taking care of the yard work or doing some spring cleaning, it always seems like something needs to be done around the house.
One type of home repair you may not want to tackle yourself is anything involving plumbing! You may be comfortable doing that if it’s an easy fix, such as replacing a chain in a toilet tank. For more complicated matters, however, you may prefer to call a Toronto plumber.
These are some of the signs that your plumbing may require repairs or replacement:
- You’ve got a leaky faucet.
- You have damp walls or ceilings.
- Your plumbing is very old.
- Your water is discoloured.
At Advanced Plumbing, we’re a Toronto-based plumbing service that can help you with your various plumbing repair and replacement needs!
You’ve Got a Leaky Faucet
You may want to call in a Toronto plumber because you’ve got a leaky faucet.
There can be a variety of reasons for a leaky faucet, and getting to the bottom of precisely what is causing it to leak may be challenging.
With a plumber on the job, you’ve got an experienced professional who can determine why your faucet is leaking, and let you know if the leak can be fixed or if you’re better off replacing your faucet.
Having a professional plumber take care of the leak saves you time and the hassle of endless trips to the hardware store looking for just the right part to fix your faucet.
You Have Damp Walls or Ceilings
Water in places it shouldn’t be is something every homeowner dreads.
Wet walls or ceilings don’t just look unsightly; they can be a sign of a real problem with the plumbing in your home. You could have a leaky pipe or other issues causing the problem.
However, no matter what the source of the issue is, the results will cause severe problems if you don’t treat them right away.
You could have to deal with issues such as mould and mildew or even damage to the structural integrity of your home.
Don’t ignore signs of water damage, hoping they’ll just go away. Contact a Toronto plumber as soon as you notice the issue.
They will find the source of the problem and provide you with a plan to get your plumbing fixed or replaced.
Your Plumbing is Very Old
Another reason you may want to call in a Toronto plumber is that your plumbing (particularly the pipes) is very old. There are two main issues that you need to be concerned about if you have old plumbing:
- You may have lead pipes: Lead pipes were initially used because lead is very durable.
Unfortunately, lead can leach into your drinking water, and this can cause a variety of health issues.
- Your pipes may be corroded: An excellent way to look for corroded pipes is to start with any exposed pipes in the basement or utility room.
If you see any signs of corrosion, such as flaking or discolouration, then you need to get your pipes replaced.
A Toronto plumber can thoroughly assess your plumbing and let you know what needs to be replaced.
Your Water is Discoloured
Another sign you may need a Toronto plumber is that your water is discoloured. These are some of the colours water can turn into if there’s a problem:
- Yellow, orange, or red: If your water is any of these colours, that means that it contains rust.
Rust can end up in your water simply because your pipes are old and have started to rust. That rust then breaks off and is carried away by the water.
This isn’t just a problem because you don’t want to drink water with rust; it also means your pipes will eventually have holes in them.
- Green or blue: If your water is green or blue, there is copper or brass in your water system. Green water can also indicate the presence of algae in your water supply line.
- Black: If your water is black, then you may have toxic growth in your pipes.
If you ever see any kind of discolouration in your water, you should immediately call a Toronto plumber!
Why should I choose Advanced Plumbing if I need a Toronto plumber?
At Advanced Plumbing, we provide a number of different services if you need a Toronto plumber because your plumbing needs repairs or replacement. We offer all of the following repair and replacement services:
- We can repair your blocked or running toilet or replace it altogether.
- We can fix your shower or bathtub or install an entirely new one.
- We can test your sump pump to ensure it’s working correctly and then repair or replace it as necessary.
- We can investigate low water pressure issues and repair or replace pipes as necessary to fix the issue.
- We can tackle a variety of sink issues from leaky faucets to clogged drains.
- We can handle frozen pipes, which is an unfortunate reality of living in Canada!
At Advanced Plumbing, we’re here for you as Toronto plumbers, whatever your plumbing needs may be.
We even offer emergency service, as we realize you may need the services of a plumber at any time of the day or night!
We’re Here When You Need a Toronto Plumber
We’ve covered four signs that you may need the services of a plumber:
- Your faucets are leaking.
- You see damp spots on your walls or ceilings.
- Your plumbing is very old.
- Your water is not clear and/or is discoloured.
At Advanced Plumbing, we provide a wide variety of Toronto plumbing repair and replacement services.
Whether you need a leaky faucet fixed or want to get your plumbing system upgraded, we can help you with that.
Contact us to learn more about the wide variety of services that we can offer you as a Toronto plumber. You can reach us at 866-863-9530 or contact us online to learn more!